Monday, December 28, 2015

#9 Usually Dogs lick your hand...A good Christmas

Alright... are you ready for this one. I have a lot of Christmas and stuff from the past week but we are going to start with yesterday.  First off let me say…I like dogs.  They are one of my favorite things in the world and if I see a dog I am going to pet it.  So Sunday at about 5pm, our appointment fell through so we went contacting and the first house we went to had a huge backyard and three dogs. Usually dogs bark and then when you go to pet them they lick your hand and then you can pet them. Well this one dog in particular was not going to just lick my hand, so to cut to the chase I stuck out my hand and the dog bit my hand.  It’s not bad, it’s just about three inches long. I will send a picture next week.  Luckily Barbados has been Rabies free for 100 years.  It hurt pretty good but all I could do was laugh because it was the stupidest thing ever but I am fine I promise.  I just laugh every time I look at my hand.

But now to the cool stuff.  Christmas...  Christmas morning the Assistants made me and Elder Mykilyski Breakfast and that was super awesome.  Then we went to a Christmas service that was being held at the church and it was very interesting because of all the false doctrine that is said but don’t worry, we fixed it.  They just made these skits for the service and they were just so weird because they had ballerinas in them and it was just so weird. Bajans...

After that we went to the Mission office to skype and do stupid stuff to pass the time. We played finger football for like 3 hours and it was just getting so insane, all the different ways to play the game and how serious we were getting.  Then when it was my turn to skype.  I honestly had no idea what to do.   I just didn’t know what to say or what I was supposed to do.  Don’t get me wrong, it was really awesome but I just would have been satisfied just sitting there and watching my family open presents and stuff and pretending like I wasn’t even there just because being around or seeing family is just the best thing ever.

After Skype we went to the Mission Presidents home to eat dinner and it was just so awesome being at a family dinner.  We had these Christmas poppers and these crowns came out of them and we all put them on and wore them, just to be funny.  Also it was super amazing to spend Christmas dinner with our President and his family and be able to get to laugh and not really have to worry about being in super missionary mode but just be relaxed and have fun. Then we watched a movie and the movie we watched was "El Dorado the city of gold” cartoon.  It was really funny because I don’t know normal funny anymore, I just know missionary funny.  It made me laugh so much and sitting with Elder Cox and Elder Pape made it just a little bit funnier. And then we went home and Christmas was over.

Now something really cool…on Christmas Eve we went Christmas caroling to all the people in my area and especially to a widow whose name is Martha. We just baptized her a little bit ago but just seeing the smile on her face and how she came outside and sang with us was just a super cool experience.  She said it was the best Christmas she had in a long time just because of the ten minutes we came to her house and sang to her.

 It just shows that time in this world is really important but if we can take just a little bit of time out of our super busy lives, we can makes someone’s day and make them so much happier and even if it just makes them smile, Isn’t that worth it!  It is Christmas season and if we try to be more like Christ year around, we can have that love that comes from Christmas all the time. 
My hand is starting to hurt typing because of the dog bite so I’m going to have to go... just kidding it doesn’t hurt.

I’m so happy to hear from all of you and it makes me so happy to hear that everyone is safe and happy.  I love you all so much and I Wish you a great 2016!

Love Elder Fokken


No comments:

Post a Comment