Monday, November 23, 2015

#4 Ding Dong Curtain Ditch...Great Week!

Hello Everyone.  

This past week went by very fast week.  Both some cool stuff and a lot of really awesome spiritual experiences too.

Barbados is great but it has some crappy things too.   Like how you cannot even go to bathroom without sweating the entire time! It is frustrating but you can’t do much about it. 

Tuesday I went on a Missionary exchange with Elder Platt, he is our District leader.  He is so funny. I went to his area and I have to say, I have never laughed so hard.  He tells people that he is 50 years old and from china and they believe him.   We ended up going to family that he teaches and when we got there the women was telling us how they haven't eaten and how they were starving today.  Elder Platt and I, without telling her, went to the store and got her some groceries so she could make some food. We left them on her curtain step and then knocked and ran. It left me with such a great feeling.  I love that part of missionary work! 

We have been teaching this man named Gladstone for a while now.  Elder Miller and I gave him the lesson on baptism and got him to commit to being baptized and then two seconds later his friend Michael shows up and we started teaching him too.   It was so cool to see the confidence in Gladstone who wasn't even a member of the church, already wanting to do missionary work because he knows the great amount of joy that comes from Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

At church yesterday we talked about going to church and the importance of it.  Church is something that we go on a regular basis.  If we let things become as though it is just something we do because that’s what we are supposed to do, then that's when we are no longer able to improve ourselves in church.   If we frequently speak in a manner that is inappropriate or we dress in a way that's inappropriate, it becomes something that becomes normal.  It’s sad that in our world today, we can do so many bad things that Heavenly Father is disappointing in but we see them as normal.  So this next week have an abnormal week.  See the things that have become frequently acceptable and be different.  Church is there to make us grow and if we go expecting to have the same thing happen every time or go to socialize because that's normal, then you are digging yourself in hole that is hard to get out of.  Just ask me. It took me to go on a mission to see that I was a missing the boat.  I have guilt but through Jesus Christ, our Older Brother, who sacrificed his life and suffered for us, we can get through it!

Cool Stuff-
Elder Miller and I were walking down the street and a little monkey runs up to us and jumps on me. It was so cool! Then a little girl, about 6 years old, runs up and tells us we were stealing her pet!  I was like, THAT'S YOUR PET!!!!  I wanted to take it home with me.  She said he loves popcorn and is name is Cesar.  He is probably my best friend now. He is awesome!

Also when I was out with Elder Broadbent.  I learned a lesson of why I shouldn't be sticking my hand over every gate to pet dogs because I was reaching over to pet a dog and I hit an Electric wire and shocked me.  It wasn't anything too bad it just made me jump and then laugh like crazy.  It made Elder Broadbent day and he made fun of me the rest of the day!

Overall, this week are really great! 


I love you all and May the odds be ever in your favor (that's for you SAM)

Jerhi, the monkey picture is for you.  





No comments:

Post a Comment